KAMU is a proud member of the Alliance for a Healthy Kansas, a growing statewide coalition that encourages people and organizations to promote policies aimed at ensuring everyone has the opportunity to attain their highest level of health. Members include business leaders, doctors and hospitals, social service and safety net organizations, faith communities, chambers of commerce, health care advocates, and more. Learn more.
The first policy goal of the Alliance is to expand KanCare (Medicaid), which would benefit Kansas in the following ways:
- Provide health insurance for more than 150,000 Kansans that currently fall into the coverage gap
- Cover unpaid health care costs that are currently hurting our hospitals and communities
- Create thousands of jobs for Kansas
- Stimulate the Kansas economy
- Bring hundreds of millions of federal tax dollars back home
- Find a Health Care Town Hall near you.
- How KanCare Expansion Matters for Kansans.
- How would KanCare Expansion benefit your community? Find county specific fact sheets.
- KanCare Coverage Comparison fact sheet.
- Download fact sheets, infographics, and frequently cited studies.