Colorectal Cancer awareness and screening is important year-round. In honor of Colorectal Cancer Awarenss Month in March, take a look at the following resources for patients and health care professionals.
- American Cancer Society’s colorectal cancer resources and online communities & support
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention‘s Screen for Life campaign, which includes a quiz to test your knowledge
- Colorectal Cancer Alliance’s downloadable materials, which includes a Family Health History Tree and Questions to Ask Your Doctor
For Health Care Professionals
Health care professionals play the most important role in getting people screened. Below are some resources and tools to help you reach the 80% screening rate goal:
- American Cancer Society’s Prevention, Early Detection, and Survivorship Care Guidelines and the ColonMD: Clinician’s Info
- National Colorectal Cancer Roundtable‘s Increasing Screening Among the Underserved webinar and Communications Guidebook
- Find inspiration and best practice tips from the 80% by 2018 National Achievement Awards Honorees
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention‘s Screen for Life campaign
- Colorectal Cancer Alliance’s downloadable materials
As a member of the National Colorectal Cancer Roundtable’s 80% by 2018 Initiative, KAMU would like to share a special congratulations to Konza Prairie Community Health & Dental Center for achieving their 80% screening rate, earning them a membership in the National Colorectal Cancer Roundtable Hall of Fame.