Cover Kansas Navigators are certified to provide unbiased information to help consumers enroll in the Health Insurance Marketplace. Navigators can assist consumers with the online application process and help Kansans compare plans to find the best fit. Find a Navigator or other certified assister serving your area by calling 2-1-1 (Kansas only) or by visiting coverks.org.
As a reminder, you can enroll in the Marketplace without assistance. Navigator assistance is not a requirement to participate in the Marketplace.
What Will You Need to Apply and Enroll?
When enrolling, you will be asked for basic information about your family and household. Make sure to gather the following information before you apply:
- Names, birth dates, and Social Security numbers for everyone in your household
- Your projected household income
- Tax information, such as filing status and number of dependents
- If you are renewing your coverage, make sure to notify the Marketplace if your household income or number of dependents has changed. These changes may adjust your tax credit.
- Immigration documentation and supporting identification numbers
- If you plan to submit an online application, you will need an email address and the associated password to create an online Marketplace account. Your Navigator or certified assister can help you create an email address if you do not have one.
Fact Sheets & Brochures
- Health Insurance How-To (PDF)
- Seguro de Salud – Qué Hacer (PDF)
- Do You Need Health Insurance (PDF)
- ¿Necesita Seguro de Salud? (PDF)
- Have Life Changes Affected Your Health Insurance Needs? (PDF)
- ¿Los Cambios en su Vida Han Afectado Sus Necesidades de Seguro Médico? (PDF)